Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
The Collection Operations Management Trainee (OMT) training program is designed to develop individuals into frontline manager roles. The OMT program duration is 6 - 9 months, at the end of which successful candidates must be willing to relocate within an assigned geographic area. This position requires extensive travel through assigned work activities and projects. Successful candidates will develop a working knowledge of the WM day-to-day collection operations including but not limited to route analysis, safety rules and practices, and the function and role of intra-company departments as it pertains to day to day business and long term goals (HR, Finance/Accounting, Customer Experience, Fleet, Dispatch). II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for learning DOT & OSHA safety programs and systems; operational business processes, systems & tools; performance management; dispatch & routing; fleet maintenance processes
- Partners with drivers on existing routes to develop job related skills
- Collaborates with all frontline managers to learn the day-to-day business operations (i.e. Operations Improvement Manager, Fleet Manager, Sales Manager, District Managers, Route Managers)
- Works with local safety teams to continue to create a safety conscious culture
- Completes the assigned OMT training curriculum and all other assigned trainings
- Perform other duties as assigned; may include special projects
This job may have periodic leadership / management responsibilities throughout the program. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/leadership experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid Driver's License and a clean driving record
- Must be able to maintain a valid driver's license and clean driving record throughout the duration of employment in this position
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Must be willing to relocate within an assigned geographic area at the conclusion of the training program
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, specifically MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint applications
- Must be willing to work flexible start times
- Must be able to ride in vehicle for up to 12 hours or sit at a desk for up to 12 hours per day
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills
While some of the OMT work is performed within an office atmosphere, frequent field assignments are the core foundation of the position. When conducting field assignments one should possess the ability to ascend into and descend from commercial vehicles (typically steps are 18 inches in height) and ride in commercial vehicles for over 12 consecutive hours. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.