Eaton located in Auburn, IN has an opening for an Operations Manager.
The primary function of the Operations Manager will be to manage multi-product line manufacturing operations, in order to meet or exceed safety, quality, delivery, cost and efficiency goals for the shift. They will develop shift supervisors and hourly employees through teaching, coaching, mentoring and leadership. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Manages the activities of assigned brand production operations, including maintenance supervisor, ensuring that a quality product is produced in a timely, efficient manner at the lowest possible cost.
- Partners with commercial product line leaders and customer service
- Provide leadership and guidance to all production employees in respective product lines. .
- Responsible for shift talent management, employee engagement and performance management – assessing current team members, identifying needs, selecting talent, and developing current employees to ensure “bench strength” and continued development and advancement of top talent within the organization; Provide coaching, motivation, and counseling to employees to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development.
- Ensure maintenance of records and reports on productivity, quality, and attendance across the shift.
- Manage schedules and manpower requirements to meet or exceed production plans.
- Monitor productivity to ensure that established shift quality and production levels are maintained or exceeded.
- Provides shipping oversight to ensure orders are shipped in an expedient manner at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensures a safe work environment for all employees, in collaboration with the EHS Manager; Drive and support behavioral based zero incident safety culture.
- Champion use of Eaton systems and tools to ensure appropriate execution within assigned areas.
- Engage leaders in manufacturing LEAN initiatives including but not limited to operator standard work, 5S, pull systems, empowered work teams, and structured problem solving.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Communicate company policies, procedures, and guidelines and ensure they are consistently practiced.Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Engineering degree is preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- Previous lean experience.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Previous truck or automotive experience.
- ISO/TS 16949 experience preferred.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.