Operations manager - ammonia
Airgas Specialty Products is a leading distributor of ammonia and aqua ammonia is seeking an Operations Manager with
to join our Operations team. This is a full time position based at the Waxahachie, TX
distribution center. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ensuring that all safety is communicate as the number one priority at the facility including but not limited to safety training, good catch, monthly safety meeting, safety contacts, and online training through WB manager.
- Ensure compliance of the Airgas Safety manual
- Ensure compliance with the SOP
- Oversee all operation including the anhydrous ammonia, , Amines and aqua ammonia operations. This will include the all plant associates and administrative employees to operate out of the facility
- Direct management responsibility for all plant, associates at the facility including hiring, training and safety. Responsibility will include be not be limited to associate coaching, training, compliance and discipline.
- Manage the facility supplies and inventory and lead the inventory planning for all ammonia related transactions. This will include the receiving, reconciliation and the variance management of all ammonia and related products or other products as they are added to the facility.
- Oversee all of the plant equipment maintenance, and documentation of all maintenance activities. Activities will include the facility inspection, hose inspection and all repair and maintenance activities.
- Work with the sales team to resolve customer issues
- Responsible for working with the plant team to ensure the most efficient use of Airgas resources included but not limited to equipment, facilities and human resources
- Manage operation projects that are at the Waxahachie facility.
- Manage the monthly expenses for the operations facility and be able to explain the financial plant employee on the profit and loss reports
- Assist the Regional Manager in the development of the Capitol Budget for the facility by providing ROI calculations for the needed capital projects
- Work with other facilities to ensure the development of best practices.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 6 years of experience
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Knowledge of safety and regulatory rules, DOT regulations, OSHA regulations, and EPA compliance.
- Experience with hazardous material and knowledge of hazardous material handling and transportation.
- Inventory management experience
- Basic computer skills including the Microsoft suite (word, excel, outlook, and power point)
- Good communication skill at all levels of Airgas
- Good organizational skills
- Willingness to assist other regions and facilities
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills
The Physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. . Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, here, walk, sit: use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Travel - driving and airline flights up to 25% of work time.
- Must be capable of wearing a chemical respirator.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. . Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll find it with us!
- Office environment
- Industrial chemical plant- process equipment, piping, chemicals
- Industrial construction sites- In process construction with partially completed structures
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, and 401(k)Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.