About the Opportunity
As an Operations Manager at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company's mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Service team in Naperville, IL and work directly with the General manager. You will be responsible for:Responsibilities
• Organize and schedule production runs by assessing type of mail, volumes and staffing levels needed to process subscribed volumes.
• Accountable for quality function throughout the operating center. Assures quality of all mail received from receipt of the mail, through processing and final presentation of the mail to the USPS.
• Assures completion and correctness of required USPS and internal reports, job costing reports and application of all USPS postal regulations.
• Insures maximization of productivity through timely and efficient workflow of the mail and development and implementation of effective sort schemes.
• Insures coordination of the various departments such as quality control, metering, hand sort, automation and transportation.
• Accompanies VP/General Manager on sales calls to give assistance with operational questions and develop rapport with the customer.
• Assists General Manager with the budgeting process and analyses various reports generated from PoInts System and prepares other reports as requested.
• Additional duties as required Qualifications
Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals and USPS postal regulations.Ability to prepare reports and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees.Knowledge of PC software programs including proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications in a Microsoft Office environment.Knowledge of PC applications and statistical reporting.Ability to promote a safe work environment by understanding workplace environment standards and OSHA regulationsKnowledge of supervisory techniques to accomplish instruction, motivation and training of personnel.Knowledge of management practices and principles and strong leadership skills..Must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language. Based on operational need, must have a flexible schedule to work weekends, holidays and/or different shift with little or no advance noticeMust have the ability to lift up to 50 #'s, walk, stand or site for long periods of time with or without accommodation.
- Associates Degree or a minimum of 5 years of experience demonstrating progressively more responsibility in a production environment, preferably in the mailing industry.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in an Operating Center averaging 5 million or more pieces per week with a 24 hour operating cycle
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Find your next great opportunity at Pitney Bowes.