Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Fridley, Minnesota for an Operations Manager.
Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Provides manufacturing leadership for small or medium size plant, shift or department.
- Manages multiple shifts of an assembly line, fabrication or machining operation.
- Provides manufacturing leadership and improvement focus for assembly and/or machining and/or fabrication operations driving results, creating and monitoring measures, providing motivation, and setting expectations in safety, quality, production and cost.
- Communicates with customers, suppliers, shop floor, stakeholders, and staff.
- Leads annual operating plan, forecasts, and other measurements for manufacturing operations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Manages, coaches, and develops staff; works with employees to set goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.
- Significant level of relevant work experience, including managerial and budgetary experience, required.
- Creating and monitors KPI expectations for lines based on Operations targets.
- Co-Lead Safety, Quality functions and ensure compliance.
- Drives KPI Improvements and Institutionalize CI and OE.
- Monitors / audits effectiveness and functioning of CFWT.
- Recruits, develops, coaches MLs.
- Ensures business segment / line capability to meet demand simulations.
- Communicates with stake holder for regular updates.
- Helps in financial forecasts for months and quarters and AOP.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Collaborates with Manufacturing Leaders and Finance to determine optimal HC / hiring plan.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) and 3 - 5 years of Operations experience required.
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.