What you’ll be doing...
The Operations Manager has key responsibility for identifying need, documenting, scoping, and delivering on projects for the Fleet Support team which drive productivity and efficiency. The Ops Manager builds functional teams of Subject Matter Experts throughout the business to deliver on programs and projects. They develop a business case and ROI for each program/project and prioritize them based on impact to key needs and productivity/efficiency constraints identified throughout he business.
- Collaborate with Customer Care and Scheduling Management to develop and complete project initiatives
- Continually modify internal processes to meet the changing business needs and cross-functional modifications. Meet with shareholders to address overlap and identify impact to other internal businesses to identify risk to resolution.
- Schedule and run discovery calls with management team to understand business needs, then identify and recommend next steps/actionable items.
- Take a complex business case down to essential statements, conveying need, urgency and expectations
- Manage and work with key stake holders and subject matter experts to deliver on project goals
- Collect and evaluate information as well as consensus from leadership to facilitate project prioritization
- Build functional working teams for projects, comprised of subject matter experts in the area of the business a project impacts
- Provide regular SMART goals derived feedback to management team on the performance of subject matter experts
What we’re looking for...
Experience/Skills Required for Success:
- 4-6 years of people leadership and project management experience
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical thinking
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with multiple levels of internal stakeholders, including senior leadership
- The ability to perform well in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly growing technical company
- Ability to understand and escalate issues efficiently and appropriately.
- Strong work ethic and customer service oriented with high integrity and ethics.
- Commitment to professionalism, follow-through and attention to detail.
- 7-11 years of people leadership and project management experience
- BA in Business Management
- Experience in RFX Process, writing SOWs & general contract management
- GradCertificate in Project Management
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.