Overview About ARAMARK
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts , stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.aramark.com , and follow us at www.facebook.com/aramark and @aramark on Twitter. Description
The Wilderness River Glen Canyon Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the Glen Canyon concession contracts providing single day calm water rafting trips on the Colorado River between Glen Canyon Dam and Lees Ferry, while insuring comprehensive customer service and departmental profitability. Administrative and functional direct supervision of up to 50 staff members at peak season. The Manager also provides cross functional support and management of the whitewater operations for the NPS concession contracts in Grand Canyon & Canyonlands.
General Duties: Oversee the full scope of Wilderness River Adventures including employee scheduling and payroll. Partner with GM & Director of Operations on budgets and capital purchases.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervision of all river operations personnel with direct reports up to 50 at peak season including leads, guides, mechanics, drivers and food pack staff. Cross functional support of whitewater operations.
• Responsible for the hiring, training and development of all river personnel. Challenge and develop departmental manager's and supervisor's management skills.
• Develop, approve and adhere to labor projections tied to labor standards
• Resolve employee relations concerns in conjunction with the GM, Director and HRM.
• Manage Encore! Encore! Program
• Monitor, order and maintain parts inventory via Dockmaster
• Respond to guest complaints and issues in a timely manner ensuring a satisfactory resolution.
• Handle all logistics involved with providing seamless trips for a wide variety of clients, FAM trips and groups.
• Manage off season maintenance program: Identify capital projects, equipment replacement plans, etc.
• Develop and maintain strong positive interdepartmental relationships
• Provide assistance and support to other departments
• Reevaluate and inspect operations with managers and supervisors
• Carry out Aramark's Mission
• Proactively react to business trends, e.g. labor, expenses and revenue opportunities
• Manage budgets, forecasts, expenses and supplies
• Adhere to Aramark policies and procedures
• Create, generate and review reports, i.e. rates, promotional offers, ADR, user day and seat occupancies, parts inventories, etc.
• Support safety committee initiatives; meet or exceed annual OSHA frequency targets; execute monthly safety and environmental programs and inspections
• Insure satisfactory quarterly and annual NPS inspections.
• Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications Qualifications:
- At least five years experience in hotel or hospitality operations management.
- Experience scheduling multiple different departments
- High energy level that is communicated to the team and exhibit a proven track record for growing business.
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to manage in diverse environment with focus on client and guest service, experience in guest-centric environment where feedback is welcome and changes made accordingly
- Strong concessions, cash sales, and beverage experience preferred
- Creative problem solver with exceptional competence with using Microsoft Office programs to provide analysis
- HACCP, Food Safety, TIPS program, BTD, Labor management, COS, Kronos and Inventory analysis skills preferred
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays as necessary.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.