Responsible for achieving manufacturing facility objectives, while functioning as the top manufacturing person at the facility. Functionally responsible for production, quality, inventory and maintenance.
The role of Operations Manager has responsibility for the entire operation of the plant, from raw materials through finished product distribution. The incumbent will report to the Plant Manager and will have 2 – 4 for Department Managers as direct reports. The developmental aspect of this roles focuses on preparation for total plant responsibilities. Once the candidate is eligible for the Plant Manager role, relocation to another facility within the Southwest Operating Unit may be required.
- Strategically aligns the plant operations' goals with those of the business unit and corporation.
- Develop initiatives to achieve quality, safety, product availability, efficiency, quality, and financial Key Business Indicators.
- Work with sales for centralized production planning and forecast of new business.
- Maximize productive capabilities to achieve customer satisfaction while attaining operating cost and goals.
- Manages and implements change to ensure continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate success in facility operations and in the management of people.
- Oversee and manage Production, Quality Assurance, Warehouse, and Maintenance departments.
- Develop and training of workforce
- Develop and supporting a culture of continous improvements for lean manufacturing using OE techniques
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Degreed professional, preferably engineering or other technical discipline
- Minimum of 2 department manager roles in different supply chain functions
- 2 years experience in current role
- Food, beverage, or high speed packaging experience
- Proficient in use of packaged computer software / industry standard software systems (e.g. SAP)
- Responsible for performance management of salaried employees
- P & L responsibilities
- Experience with Lean manufacturing, 5S and Six Sigma strongly preferred.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.