Overview About ARAMARK
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts , stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.aramark.com , and follow us at www.facebook.com/aramark and @aramark on Twitter. Description ARAMARK LEISURE
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
The Operations Manager is responsible for the success of the front desk, retail, and housekeeping departments of the property. A hands-on, high -energy approach is necessary to effectively maximize the guest and employee experience throughout their stay. Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the hotel while maintaining a forward looking perspective
- Integration of front desk, retail and housekeeping departments into a successful efficient operation
- Meet and exceed guest expectations by using leadership skills, customer service standards, and staff training to create an outstanding guest experience
- Provide excellent guest service in line with guest service platform
- Responsible for training of hourly employees on guest service standards and ensuring standards are met
- Provide training and carry out training requirements
- Construct efficient work schedules
- Ensure budget targets are achieved , understand budget targets and monitor profitability of all departments using reporting tools
- Foster successful working relationships with key clients and vendors
- Implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the successful operation of the departments
- Resolve customer complaints
- Ensure that all reservations are entered correctly into the system and that the property is prepared for guests' stay
- Work with accounting to ensure that City Ledgers are accurate and that all departments are following correct procedures
- Respond to employees' and guests' inquiries and solve a wide variety of problems.
- Ensure the completion of administrative tasks
- Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies including implementing and monitoring staff sales incentives
- Create a culture of teamwork, communication and positive, can-do attitudes
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and environmental practices
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Provides timely and accurate recording of daily sales by component and GFF banking for North Properties
- Manages and maintains the Vault and Petty Cash for North Properties
- Manages the inventory of supplies required for the Operation, including machinery in copy room
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll
- Ensures conformance of Aramark policies and procedures
- Maintain confidential work environment
- Knows and executes job duties and responsibilities of payroll. Weekly FTE reporting, time edits, tip reporting, room and board, salaried time input and be able to transmit payroll when necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field.
- Experience in Sports & Entertainment or at least five years experience in hotel or hospitality operations management.
- High energy level that is communicated to the team and exhibit a proven track record for growing business.
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to manage in diverse environment with focus on client and guest service, experience in guest-centric environment where feedback is welcome and changes made accordingly
- Strong concessions, catering, cash sales, and beverage experience preferred
- Union experience
- Creative problem solver with exceptional competence with using Microsoft Office programs to provide analysis
- HACCP, Food Safety, TIPS program, BTD, Labor management, COS and Inventory analysis skills preferred
- Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.