Avis Budget Group is Hiring and you're invited to our OPEN HOUSE!
Location (Address): 2005 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach FL, 33406
Special Directions: Exit 69 off of I95 (Belvedere Road Exit). Use Belvedere Road entrance and park in "Customer Parking" Proceed to lobby in main building.
Do you want to shift your management career into high gear? If you are a strong leader who can inspire others to succeed you should consider a career in Operations Management at Avis Budget Group! We are a Fortune 500 Global Leader in the travel services industry operating two of the most recognized brands in vehicle rental business as well as one of the leading truck rental businesses in the United States.
Job Summary Supervises one or more of the daily operations and sales functions on or off airport to ensure maximization of fleet utilization, incremental revenue, customer satisfaction and employee management. Performs duties and provides service in accordance to established operation procedures and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Includes but not limited to) This job supervises the counter, service and/or bus area as assigned. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
- Directs and controls the servicing of customers at rental counters in arranging for the rental of vehicles after checking driver's license and other documents, the selling of incremental products and responding to customer's inquires and/or complaints.
- Plans, directs and controls the preparation of returned vehicles for the next rental, and inspects vehicles on the ready line to ensure compliance with established quality assurance standards.
- Ensures all missing vehicles are reported to Security on a timely basis by examining rentals, calling customers, and checking inventories at other area locations.
- Maintains the rental facility and equipment, and monitors all conditions and occurrences in and around the facility during the shift ensuring employee and customer safety, reporting any adverse or dangerous conditions.
- Organizes the duties carried on at the counter and monitors the employee performance.
- Responsible for the development of new employees and the on-going performance assessment of current employees.
- Recommends appropriate corrective action where necessary.
- Interacts with maintenance to maximize use by controlling idle days, coordinating identification of Oos, PM etc. vehicles.
- Ensures all Quality Assurance standards are maintained
- Monitors work flow and responds to lapses in productivity by initiating corrective action.
- Reviews work being performed in the area to ensure complete, timely, and consistent results, and evaluates the performance of subordinates in formal reviews.
- Schedules overtime hours and reviews time cards for accuracy; records lateness and absences; schedules vacations and personal days off; prepares overtime report.
- Monitors rental agreements to ensure correct rates and expenses are being charged.
- Controls and authorizes the disbursement of petty cash funds.
- Builds and maintains business relationships to facilitate organizational profitability. (Including maintaining good relations with union representatives to ensure adherence to contracts and to prevent grievances from going to arbitration where applicable).
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus 2 - 4 years of college preferred (or equivalent in education, experience or training).
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferably in a service oriented field.
- Effective supervisory, communication (both written and oral) and organizational skills.
- Good decision making skills
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
- Various shifts available
Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Benefits We Provide You :
- A share of the success: Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Potential.
- Upward Mobility: Career Advancement Opportunities and Training to get you there.
- Use of a company vehicle: Including Gas and Insurance.
- Outstanding Benefits Package: 401K, Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, Various Discounts.
Candidates must meet all basic qualifications and submit a complete application to be considered for this position. Successful completion of interviews, pre-employment drug screen and background check will be required.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC or any of its employing companies or brands, including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck or AB Car Rental Services.
recent college graduate - entry level manager - manager trainee - transitioning junior officer - college graduate - Enactus - assistant manager - branch manager - airport - paid training - company car - bonus - multi-task -leadership - management - communication skills - customer service - sales - time management - teamwork - avis - budget