Microsoft is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry.
The Global Search Business Team sets the strategy, leads marketing and drives marketplace and consumer experiences for Bing Ads and is seeking a Business Operations Manager on our centralized operations team with a proven track record of leading operations, managing complex budgets, and driving excellence across an organization. The operations team works closely across sales, finance, engineering and Microsoft partners and produces high impact results for the business and for our clients.
This role will be responsible for executing against a rhythm of the business (including MBU, QBU, and BPR), by which our team interacts with internal partners such as Global Operations, Finance, and executive management. This individual is also responsible for effectively managing complex operating budgets and managing our external resource relationship, seeking input across stakeholders in a multi-functional, and global organization. The ideal candidate for this role should be comfortable balancing multiple, and sometimes competing priorities with ease and calmness, which a knack for owning deliverables across multiple stakeholders while aggressively driving against deadlines. Below are the some of the core responsibilities, knowledge and skills we are looking for in candidates for this role.
1. Budget Management
a. Partner with stakeholders to manage OPEX budget of >$90M within 1% variance across a globally distributed and multi-functional team
b. Establish operational practices to deliver strong financial accountability; hold partners and peers accountable for pacing, compliance, and deadlines
c. Serve as point-of-contact for finance, compliance, and procurement
d. Manage various Sales Incentive programs - both financially and operationally
2. Resource Management
a. Assist in managing our shared data and analytics vendor resources relationship
b. Negotiate Terms & Conditions via RFP which drive greater ROI across MSA
c. Lead steering community across multiple teams to ensure quality and value from our vendor investment is met; mediate issues and escalations between Microsoft and supplier
d. Identify opportunity for vendor efficiencies through streamlining, consolidating, and automating processes and rhythms
3. Manage Rhythm of the Business (RoB):
a. Manage the planning process and calendar for the organization ensuring coordination and alignment among our teams and with broader organizational planning. This includes monthly and quarterly business reviews, BPRs, fiscal year planning
b. Partner with GSBT leadership team and business manager community to ensure we’re operating in a consistent and efficient way while representing our business to the broader organization
c. Own and publish the GSBT Monthly Scorecard in cooperation with GSBT leadership team input
4. Culture and Communications:
a. Assist in content development and ownership of the quarterly all-hands meetings and annual, internal events including summits and conferences specific to our organization
b. Own content creation/management for organization’s Sharepoint, newsletter, and communication hub
c. Identify and drive against opportunities for culture and communication building across our globally dispersed team
• 3+ years of experience in operations/program management; experienced in planning and execution
• An understanding of digital advertising and the paid search ecosystem
• BA/BS from an accredited college/university or at least 7 years of relevant professional experience
• Passion for driving operational excellence, revenue growth, and actively supporting an existing business while assisting in the success of business growth
• Strong self-discipline and time management abilities; action-oriented multitasker capable of maintaining good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
• Flexibility to maintain focus through change and ambiguity, navigate uncertain situations, and drive for clarity
• Organizational agility and ability to work successfully across a complex, highly-matrixed environment
• High level of personal accountability for self and others
• Ability to navigate across Microsoft through influence and collaboration to get things done Outstanding interpersonal and written skills; confidence and ability to work across all levels of the organization from individual contributors to executive level leader
• Passion for our customers, technology and people
• Analytical thinker; ability to use data to guide decisions
• Some travel may be required as part of this role
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.