Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Under limited supervision, assist in an effort to identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Contribute to assessing risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support and collaborate with staff who study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Contribute to assessment of adequacy of internal controls, documentation, backup/redundancy, and disaster recovery procedures intended to ensure continuing and secure operations.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Participate in process improvement in an operating unit by performing root cause analysis to identify discrepancies, implementing remedies, and documenting outcomes.
- Develop and communicate control activities in support of the published operational risk guidelines or policies by promoting awareness to specific business unit employees.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Experience with execution of quality assurance reviews.
- Experience with management reporting
- Attention to detail in both execution of tasks and in writing.
- Ability to multitask, working on various projects at one time
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior risk management or audit experience is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.