Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management. Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations. Operations Risk and Control ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations.
The Ops Risk and Control Regulatory Operations group is responsible for supervising processes related to Disclosure of Interest monitoring and reporting for the Americas. This includes, but is not limited to Substantial Shareholding monitoring and filings and Short Interest reporting requirements and Large Trader monitoring. This person will be the lead of the Ops team, working closely with Senior Management of Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and senior managers across Operations, Technology, Finance and Compliance. The person is expected to manage all aspects of the Americas Disclosure of Interest Reg Reporting program will be expected to contribute to the global Disclosure of Interest agenda and regulatory framework.
More detailed Operations Role Description:
- Ensure the appropriate monitoring and filing of short interest reporting requirements, including assisting with FINRA inquiries.
- Ensure the appropriate monitoring and reporting for Disclosure of Interest requirements for Americas Jurisdictions including:
- Oversight and supervision of equity position monitoring and reporting for compliance with regulatory requirements specifically including filings for SEC 13D/G/F, Section 16 form 3 and 4
- Daily interaction with Compliance, Front Office, and the Control Group to monitor for specific equity ownership limits and ensure potential risks of large holdings is appropriately evaluated and trading is restricted, as necessary
- Liaison with Legal and Compliance and IT to analyze, interpret and incorporate market and regulatory changes from regulators; maintain and develop regulatory knowledge to serve as a subject matter expert and central point of contact for operations regulatory advice and interact with regulators as needed to provide information and responses
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with all stakeholders on regulatory related issues
- Oversee the development and improvement of the Firm?s regulatory systems including enhancements required by regulatory changes
- Manage, escalate, track and ensure resolution on issues that pose operational regulatory risk to the bank
- Support the development of programs and execute reviews on operational controls and the effectiveness of meeting operational regulatory expectations
- Identify and contribute to operational risk projects related to strategic business initiatives
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, other related fields
- 8 years of related experience in the banking industry
- Material experience with operational risk disciplines; processes, risks and controls and familiarity with accounting systems/processes
- Strong leadership, and project management skills and ability to manage many competing priorities
- Highly motivated individual with outstanding record of professional achievement
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Legal, Business, Accounting or Finance related postgraduate degree desired
- Prior experience in a federal regulatory agency with experience in operational risk, modeling or information technology, or legal experience on a broad array of regulatory operations issues
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.