Operational Risk Management (ORM), in the second line of defense, is responsible for providing independent and objective oversight of the management of Operational risks arising from City National Bank's (CNB) business processes, people, systems or external events.
The Operational Risk Program Reporting and Metrics position will lead the development of reporting tools and the ongoing reporting of all aspects of the ORM program. This will include the production of reporting focusing on Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs), Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), Operational Losses, Operational Risk Events, Scenario Analyses and the status of risk remediation activities. The audience for this work will include executives at CNB, RBC and the US Holding Company.
Responsibilities 1. Develop automated tools to extract, validate, manage and report ORM program data for the various program components to support reporting to Operational Risk Management and various CNB executive committees, CNB Audit and Risk Committee, RBC US Operational Risk and RBC GRM-OR.
2. Work with all business and support units on sourcing and reporting of KRI data and threshold breaches at a unit and enterprise level.
3. Create an automated tool to monitor the remediation of Operational Risk issues at a business unit and enterprise level. Support the ORM team on analysis of loss trends and bank-wide emerging risks. Monitor enterprise KRI thresholds.
4. Build and maintain a SharePoint site for the collection and reporting of Operational Risk data for use by the business units and Second Line ORM team. Collaborate with the data providers and perform high level testing of the data integrity. Write procedures for business unit and data providers' use of the site.
5. Perform a monthly reconciliation of Operational Loss data against the General Ledger. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
6. Develop and execute the reporting and analytics requirements for all elements of the CNB Operational Risk Management program including trending and data analysis.
7. Lead the development of automated solutions to populate Open Pages with Operational Risk Program data such as losses, OR events and KRI data.
8. Maintain awareness of current regulatory/industry trends impacting the Bank's ORM program or practices.
9. Act as an internal advisor and partner to business units and support functions regarding ORM tools, policies, procedures, and reporting metrics.
10. Other duties required to advance the ORM program at CNB.
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services sector.
- *Minimum 7 years of experience in Operational Risk Management, Risk Management, Internal Audit, or Operations reporting.
- *Minimum 3 years of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Other professional qualifications such as CPA are desirable but not required.
- MBA highly desirable.
- Highly experienced with MS Excel, Visual Basic for Applications, Tableau, and MS Access.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with emphasis on report production and program management.
- Understanding of banking processes, Risk Management / Operational Risk Management.
- Experience with the setting up and maintenance of a SharePoint site (libraries, lists, permissions, alerts, etc.).
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Well-developed influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
With $46.9 billion in assets, City National Bank provides banking, investment and trust services through 72 offices, including 17 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville, Atlanta and Minneapolis.