Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Assists in management of the daily operations of the operations service center specialist. Implements and maintains processes, procedures and programs to improve operations. Collaborates with a team of participant operations service specialists to enhance participant experience and improve operations efficiencies. Responsible for promoting company standards by engaging participants to achieve an excellent standard of service. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Provides day-to-day assistance to operations service center specialist and supports programs that drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Assists operations service center supervisor in coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance.
- Assist senior management with administrative tasks
- Ensures employees adhere to service and operational standards established for the operations service center including quality, productivity, safety and timeliness goals.
- Monitors and evaluates operations service center specialist performance. Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Assist supervisor with Avaya Que monitoring
- Confirms understanding of participant and service technician needs, issues, and requests.
- Receive communication from participants through web, email and telephone requesting a collection of home generated special materials
- Communicate to participants to provide education, support, troubleshooting on information related to proper waste disposal.
- Ability to interpret and give both verbal and written instructions and make determinations as to acceptable and non-acceptable items.
- Supports compliance and compatibility through communication with participants instructing on the safe way to package materials for collection.
- Answers participants questions on home generated special material related questions, diagnosing and resolving specific material disposal concerns,
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Provides support to operations managers and service technicians as required.
- Uses authorized system to gather information, provide information, and/or update participant records.
- Forwards all escalated participant service inquiries to supervisor.
- Adheres to service and operational standards established for the operations service center, including quality, productivity, safety, and timeliness goals.
- Serves as the participant's advocate by solving problems on the participant's behalf by engaging the correct department and people within At Your Door and/or Waste Management.
- Assists senior management with administrative tasks.
- Provides advanced system maintenance for service order related files.
- Listens for and identifies opportunities to suggest additional services that will meet the participant's needs.
- Works to meet or exceed service and operational goals established for the operations service center, including productivity, quality, and timeliness goals
- Completes and maintains required documentation, using appropriate computer applications to record and update participant information.
- Understands and communicate program parameters to participants.
- Operates a computer workstation to obtain and extract service order information, and provides Supervisor with the data for inclusion in various scheduled and special reports.
- Receives processes and verifies the accuracy of service orders.
- Initiates required action for response to participant service requests for service order changes, and communicates changes to the appropriate personnel.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities related to this position. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
High school diploma, or G.E.D., and a minimum of 4 years previous experience in Customer Service.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Communication center or participant service lead experience preferred.
- Ability to cross train and develop operations service center.
- Map Reading.
- Listening skills and ability to control length of calls.
- Perform two or more tasks concurrently.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Typing and computer skills - MS Office.
- Ability to multi task and to react well under pressure and treat others with respect.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team.
- Ability to deal with frequent changes in the work environment.
- Able to manage difficult or emotional participant situations.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to meet productivity standards in a timely manner.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.