This opening is in our Kawneer business located in Austell, GA. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Operations / Inventory Supervisor
will support the facility location through proper inventory management, ensuring efficient production of commercial doors, frames, and store fronts, while supervising and leading shop floor employees. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Efficiently manage the inventory system;
- Lead a positive work culture through coaching, training, and scheduling work for hourly employees while ensuring proper safety and operating procedures are met;
- Conduct departmental meetings regarding safety, department changes, and company communications to clearly convey information to employees/supervisors/and management;
- Ensure proper work flow and scheduling to meet customer deadlines including assisting with the production as needed or assigned;
- Contribute to a continuous improvement work culture through proactive analysis of root causes, recommending and supporting the execution of safety improvements, production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and/or working conditions;
- Successfully use JDE system, Oracle, MS Office Suite, blue prints, hand drawings, and other technical or written materials to carry out work deadlines and goals.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective collaborative work relationships;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good time management, detail oriented, and organizational skills;
- Self-motivated, with strong interpersonal and leadership skill;
- Experience in inventory management, leading teams, process improvement activities, and safety protocols;
- Possess the ability and willingness to learn other software systems quickly.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Manufacturing and /or Warehouse environment;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manager and / or supervisory position;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Experience with LEAN and / or Six Sigma events;
- Possess experience with Materials Resource Planning (MRP) (such as JD Edwards) and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (such as SAP);
- The ability to read and understand blue prints, manuals, work instructions, and other related work materials;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software.