• Work closely with CMO Modality Directors and drive Category Strategy and include spend analysis, market and geographical considerations, strategic importance etc.
• Ensure implementation of Category Strategy to assure adequate source of supply.
• Execute Category Strategies with existing supplier base in Category
• Develop MSA with best in class terms, conditions, and provisions
• Ensure preferred supplier list is in Place and Master Agreement negotiated
• Initiate, lead and standardize market research activities within the categories
• Industry analysis to identify size of industry and leading players.
• Industry analysis in the emerging Market to identify new and potential player to develop partnership
• Knows supplier production capacity and operational strengths and weaknesses.
• Leading the appropriate sourcing process for new contracts (RFI/RFP),
• Execute in the project Team the contract negotiation strategy.
• Work with project Manager to identify key terms to be negotiated in each agreement, work with project Lead in preparing CM selection.
• Lead Contract approval process
• Lead the JICI process
• Drive best in class and harmonization of processes for optimum supply value to stakeholders and patients.
• Drive the Project Team in the supplier selection process, supply base rationalization programs as part of the category strategy development
• Develop, understand or represent terms/provisions/conditions and ensure robust and standardize Contracting Documents in place, e.g. MSA, MPA, etc
• Develop and implement risk mitigation activities with major CMO
• Lead, support and/or coordinate mitigation actions
• Identify with the Modality Directors opportunities for expanded supplier relationships. Develop and maintain annual supplier management plan, including forecasted spend, savings expectations and performance objectives.
• Develop with the Modality Directors in CMO the supplier management programs.
• Develop with CMO Team supplier Performance Program.
• Communicate to CMO improvement activities/programs for Service and Delivery.
• Provide input on all aspects of the supplier cost reduction and procurement development programs.
• Establish in agreement with Modality Directors operating mechanisms for supplier management (e.g. business & technical reviews, etc. )
• Develop policies and procedures as part of procurement team to support operational efficiencies and maintain state-of-the-art activities, both tactical and strategic.
• Develop with Project Lead cost targets for negotiations, and negotiation strategy
• Development and measurement of KPI's, supplier audits, business reviews.
• Identify or support stakeholders in identifying savings opportunities.
• Initiate and/or drive projects and/or opportunities to meet or exceed savings objectives to successful completion.
30% Contract Negotiation and CMO Selection
20% Risk management
30% Category Strategy and Saving achievement
20% Category Spent Analysis and KPI, Periodical review with CMO
Education & Experience Requirements
• Preferred Experience in Contract Manufacturing & /or 3rd Party Manufacturing
• Sourcing Procurement Activity, possibly with CMO
• Category Management
• Experience in Operations
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.