has an exciting opportunity in our Feed Department in Hamilton, MI! We are looking for an Operations Specialist (Grain Assistant)
to join our growing team. You must be customer focused, hardworking, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This position has the opportunity for growth.
You will be:
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Responsible for operating all areas of grain receiving, storage and handling in a safe manner.
- Responsible for the proper drying of all grain received and maintaining the condition of all stored grain inventories.
- Responsible for the proper blending, cleaning and conditioning of grain.
- Responsible for verifying incoming grain quality, both by checking scale tickets and by visual inspection.
- Delivering product to customers' farms as needed.
- Responsible for performing scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance and repair for all grain handling and storage equipment as required. Responsible for performing and assisting with maintenance and repair projects in other areas as scheduled. Responsible for housekeeping and quality assurance in all grain receiving and handling areas.
- Responsible for providing back up for the ingredient receiving areas as scheduled.
- Assuring housekeeping is scheduled and accomplished to prevent grain deterioration and prevent rodent problems.
- Providing assistance in other areas such as repairs, ingredient receiving, warehousing and distribution, as well as Feed Trucking and Agronomy as needed.
- Supplying the feed mill with high quality grain – the best available; monitoring moisture, test weight, odor and appearance daily; reporting problem grain immediately so that measures can be taken to assure feed quality; and preventing economic loss to the company.
- Grain receiving, grading, contracting and pricing policies are adhered to and supported in dealing with our customers.
- Treating customers with courtesy and respect. Rapid, courteous service for loading and unloading is a priority.
- Performing other duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintaining and promoting a strong safety culture and following all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identifying and communicating workplace hazards and correcting or seeking assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to walk, sit, stand, kneel, bend, lift 75 lbs; climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Experience operating loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Able to work in dusty conditions and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
- CDL A license or ability to attain one
- Pass a DOT required physical and drug screen
- Agriculture background
- Grain handling experience
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.