has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Specialist on the 2nd shift at the Holland Feed Mill! You will work extensively with our customers in insuring they are provided the highest level of service. You must be customer focused, hardworking, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This position has the opportunity for growth.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform all job functions as needed to ensure facility operates smoothly.
- Control and monitor all load out functions, and load and unload products from trucks and railcars.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Operate computerized feed batching equipment to manufacture livestock feeds.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory and blended product.
- Perform necessary sequencing, recording and documenting of all feed manufactured during the shift.
- Determine proper routing and distribution for manufactured feed.
- Conduct regular house-cleaning duties, processes and record keeping.
- Maintain and keep records on all equipment including legs, conveyors, cleaners, vehicles and all other facility equipment.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High School diploma or GED
- Able to walk, sit, stand, bend, kneel, lift 75 lbs, climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Experience operating loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Able to work in dusty conditions and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Agriculture background with grain handling experience
- CDL license or desire to attain one
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.