has an opportunity for an Operations Specialist (Receiving)
at our Feed Mill, located in Holland, Mich
. on the third shift (10 pm to 6:30 am). You will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers in insuring they are provided the highest level of service. You must be customer focused, be hard working, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You will,
- Be responsible for all feed mill operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Unload product and loading trucks and train cars.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory.
- Operate computerized feed batching equipment to manufacture livestock feeds.
- Assist with production scheduling, inventory planning and control.
- Assist with maintenance and repair as needed.
- Mix and prepare livestock feeds efficiently and in a manner that assures accuracy and high quality.
- Determine proper routing and distribution for manufactured feeds.
- Operate pelleting equipment efficiently in a manner that assures high quality.
- Perform necessary sequencing, recording, and documenting of all feed manufactured during the shift.
- Perform regular and periodic housecleaning processes and record keeping.
- Maintain records on all grain equipment including legs, conveyors, grain cleaner, vehicles and all facility equipment.
- Perform general work around the facility.
- Oversee, assist, and/or supervise as required the following areas:
- Ingredient receiving
- Grain processing
- Finished feed routing
- Sampling and quality assurance
- Loading bulk delivery trucks
- Assist with maintenance and repair of equipment
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers.
- Observe and enforce all company policies and procedures, promoting safety in the workplace and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform duties of bulk delivery driver if a CDL is in possession.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, lift 75 lbs., bend, turn, twist; and climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins.
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile.
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures.
- Ability to work long hours to meet business demands.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Agriculture background
- Grain handling and operating milling experience
- Knowledge of livestock feed
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.