McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
As an Operations Supervisor on our team, you’ll be helping to keep our distribution center operating smoothly. From training to problem solving to maintaining equipment, your work will help save lives. Specifically, we need you to:
- help plan and direct operations
- keep morale and work standards high
- train and manage your team
- control expenses
- control employee turnover and overtime hours
- make sure equipment and housekeeping are exceptional
Along with the responsibilities you’ll be given at McKesson Pharmaceutical, we’ll also encourage you to make the most of our training and development. Our culture of diversity and opportunity works to support you as you advance in your career. You’ll collaborate with coworkers and lead by example. You’ll help us work to solve our nation’s healthcare challenges and decrease costs so that everyone can afford the care they need.
- Assist Operations Manager with planning, organizing and directing warehouse activities to ensure successful night shift operations.
- Assist with leading workers and Lead persons. Assist with maintaining a positive morale, work standards and developing teams.
- Assist with training and managing employee performance
- Assertively seek solutions to problems at the root level.
- Ensure warehouse operations comply with federal, state, and local company policies
- Assist with controlling expenses
- Assist with reducing employee turnover / Assist with reducing overtime working hours
- Ensure warehouse equipment and vehicles are well maintained and that housekeeping meets company standards.
- 5+ years operational experience including 2+ years managerial experience
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience managing, leading and developing staff
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent and effective business communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment and make strong business decisions
- Demonstrated employee engagement skills
- Must be open to flexible day hours, Monday through Friday, with 6AM start time; must also be open to overtime as required based on business needs.
- 4 year degree preferred
- Industry experience in logistics, supply chain, warehouse, manufacturing or distribution environment preferred
- Skilled in interviewing, coaching, evaluation, discipline and record keeping
- Experience with DEA regulations a plus
- WMS experience preferred
- MS Access proficiency and ability to interpret and analyze data
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- High energy distribution center environment
- May be required to work various shifts, including nights and days.
- Some overtime required
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please
McKesson is in business for better health.