At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Operations Supervisor for the Transportation Safety Division located in Guin, AL. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Operations Supervisor
will primarily be responsible for production in the Transportation Safety Value Stream or Advanced Materials Value Stream of the Guin Plant.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive world class safety culture into daily operations
- Lead quality continuous improvement efforts
- Budget responsibility for team and work group
- Manage production supervisors and team members with clearly defined roles
- Lead cross functional teams and programs to drive continuous improvement
- Implement Lean principles into existing manufacturing process
- Track key metrics in the manufacturing process and communicate to employees and management
- Communicates with internal and external clients
- Provides training on key manufacturing concepts
- Resolves issues and conflicts related to direct reports
- High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing or production experience (private, public, government or military)
- Minimum of one (1) year or more of supervisory experience (private, public, government or military)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or business discipline from an accredited university
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Minimum of three (3) years in a leadership position
- Experience in implementing Lean Manufacturing
- Skills include, ability to develop people and build a culture of trust and cooperation
- Excellent verbal and written skills
May include up to 10% travelRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.