Position Description Summary:
The Operations Support Analyst position is responsible for retrieving implementing Business Intelligence reporting through the use of Business Objects XI and collecting and analyzing data. This position will act as a consultant to business units to develop and translate BI requirements into end-user solutions. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops Business Objects Universes, Dashboards, Reports to satisfy BI needs of the business by conducting interviews and analysis on business objectives and requirements. Frequent interaction with the business, including executive and external clients.
- Extend reach of BI to different presentation mediums (SalesForce CRM, SharePoint, Mob-I, Desktop Widgets, External BI)
- Collects, analyzes and abstracts data for use in decision support, studies and plans
- Provides training and coaching to end-users in use of BI applications.
- Researches and resolves technical problems associated with Business Objects components.
- Responsible for the design, plan, and execution of all Business Objects deployments.
- Stay abreast of best-of-breed BI solutions, including future Business Objects product/service offerings.
- Able and willing to travel 0-10%.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through the completion of four years of college, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of three (3) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
- Experience with Business Objects XI, 3.1 and/or 4.1 platform developing Universes, Reports, and Dashboards; expert knowledge of Web-I, Performance Manager / Dashboard Builder, Xcelsius, LiveOffice, QaaWS, Desktop Widgets; Crystal Reports, highly desirable
- Strong SQL knowledge (4-5 years), Business Analysis, Project Management skills
- Experience with Data Warehouse concepts (e.g., data sourcing, ETL, Star schema, facts/dims/SKs, etc).
- Experience in advanced use of MS Office Suite
- Solid team player and individual contributor
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Business exposure to sales, finance and operations functions, highly desirable
- Experience integrating Business Objects with custom and third-party web portals (e.g., SharePoint), web/winapps, and devices (e.g., Mob-I) a plus
- MS Reporting Services and Business Objects Classic 6.5 experience a plus
4-year degree or equivalent experience