Operations Team Lead
Location: East Chicago, Indiana
Posted: January 24, 2017
Reference ID: 1204177706
Adecco is currently recruiting experienced candidates for a Direct Hire Operations Team Leader position in East Chicago.
Directs and coordinates activities of all hourly employees during a shift in processing materials, repair and or manufacturing products and/or steam, in an industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the safety of all personnel on shift / in the Plant
• Thorough understanding of all Standard Operations Procedures
• Communicating with and be aware of all persons in the Plant and their whereabouts
• Continuous upkeep and update on all safety procedures
• Fully comply and follow the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the union
• Supervise Crew members, Senior Product Technicians and other hourly employees
• Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products; including coordination of all activities necessary, per Turn, to ensure that batteries and all necessary Ovens are pushed and charged according to the Pushing Schedule
• Report, investigate and communicate all accidents, incidences and problematic issues with the proper personnel
• Prepares operational and staffing schedules to coordinate manufacturing activities, including preparation of overtime schedules, to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
• Per Turn, completes and reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
• Directs the inspection machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
• Reviews and assures compliance to standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards
• Ability to work the schedule required by a 24/7 Operations (8, 10, 0r 12 hour shifts)
• Engage the hourly workforce in a manner that discourages the need for third party representation
• Fosters quality and safety focus in others
• Ability to use a computer and make adjustments to payroll hours
• Provides regular performance feedback to subordinates and develops subordinates skills/knowledge to encourage growth
• Prepare the Plant for the next Turn assuring readiness to be operational
• Assuring crews are fully staffed and equipped to perform their functions
• Making the necessary adjustments to quickly respond to break ins
• Managing overtime and calling people in to work overtime as needs require
• Open communication with customer in regards to production and coordinating efforts assuring smooth transition of the product
• Acts as Operations Manager while on "Back" Shifts
• Ability to coordinate cross functionally and externally to our partners and contractors as needed
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS / WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
• Must have at least 5 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a Union environment
• Must know how to operate heavy equipment and or industrial equipment
• Valid driver's license (for driving company vehicle on plant site)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb to heights of 15 feet, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Regular exposure to all types of weather conditions, mostly working outside in all weather conditions.