Job Description: Johnson Controls, Inc., St. Joseph, Missouri Battery Plant is seeking interested applicants for Operations Team Lead Shift;
2nd or 3rd shift (to be determined)
This is an entry level position intended to provide candidates the opportunity to learn our processes, business and culture in an environment that supports teamwork and collaboration. This role assists the Area Manager or shift Supervisor in activities to support safety, quality and production requirements. Primary Job Duties
- Trains production employees to perform work assignments safely and efficiently.
- Develops an understanding of how to maintain good employee relations through coaching and consistent application of employee relation policies.
- Partners with operating personnel to meet established goals.
- Facilitates employee team operations.
- Maintains accurate database information regarding employee training and certification.
- May review and coach employees in accordance with plant goals.
- Administers production salary/wage policy for operating personnel properly.
- Administers, supports and/or enforces health, environmental and safety standards, work practices and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Arranges for proper maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Reports daily indicators, including production scrap, batteries per person/hour, and batteries per measured hour.
- Investigates material variances, reports results of investigation and recommends improvements.
- Solicits and encourages process, procedure and equipment improvements from team members.
- Audits Standard Work Practices for each area and regularly review for effectiveness through team meetings and practice.
- May oversee receiving and receiving inspections.
- Assigns work to meet daily manufacturing requirements.
- May control labor and material usage to meet or improve standard costs.
- Administers disciplinary procedures, company policies and/or union agreements.
- Prepares reports.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list
of essential job functions. Job Qualifications: Job Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, Operations or other related fields preferred
- Must be able to work any assigned shift and required overtime.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.