#Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for an experienced Plant Operator at its ASU plant in Chandler, AZ.
The Plant Operator position is responsible for the following activities:
- Monitor and adjust plant process valves and equipment
- Troubleshooting plant process upsets using various indicators and DCS trends
- Calibrate/Operate multiple process and pipeline analyzers
- Manage daily routines to include water treatment, equipment inspection, and log sheet readings
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Maintain online training program requirements
- Issue work permits and perform lock out / tag out of various process equipment
- Fill Trailers
- Support the truck load line
The Operator is responsible for the day to day safe operation of the plants and the site's systems/equipment along with complying with all EH&S standards associated with the Chandler facility. The operator is also responsible for monitoring the daily production processes to ensure quality, cost and production goals are met. To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19948BR. Military Candidates Encouraged to Apply:
This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Examples would be, but not limited to, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, civil engineering. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintains safe working conditions and practices to achieve a zero (0) lost time injury record within the area of responsibility. Perform work duties in accordance with Quality Systems Manual procedures, safety policies and site specific requirements.
- Attend all mandatory site specific training and meetings.
- Inspect all work areas on a continuous basis for any mechanical problems, safety hazards and unusual operation conditions. Keep work and supply areas in a safe, clean and orderly condition at all times.
- Ensure that all plant safety procedures are followed. Maintain required safety documentation. Instruct new employees on how to conduct work in a safe manner. Report any violations to management.
- Help provide orientation to new operators and on-going training to current personnel as required.
- Ensure process/material data is entered into the production reporting system and production reports are accurate.
- Monitor and review systems to ensure proper operation of production systems and availability of consumable materials.
- Coordinate the activities in production with other groups as required to complete the defined objectives.
- Review process information to ensure product quality. Ensure production continues without compromising quality or facility equipment.
- Provide ongoing feedback to Operations Manager regarding the performance of the equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment and make minor adjustments or, submit work orders and work with maintenance as required.
- Assist in reviewing and updating SWIM's as required.
- Communicate with management on functional issues and procedure/P&ID updates.
- Must be able to operate all equipment in the production process.
- Represent the company in a professional manner on a daily basis. This included interactions with customers, suppliers, truck drivers, the public and other employees.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the various processes, the safety environment, product quality and environmental items.
- Monitor/replenish in-process inventories of consumables including boxes, bags, gloves, sample containers chemicals etc..,.
- Assist in shipping/receiving activities as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Monitor the plants and keep management informed to ensure all equipment and/or systems are operating and functioning properly.
- Coordinate ongoing work with all appropriate parties. Issue/closeout SWP's along with following up on ongoing work to ensure all aspects of EH&S policies and procedures are being followed.
- Interface with internal and external customers using both written and verbal communication.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrative mechanical aptitude
- Previous work history and/or military experience
- Electrical, instrument or mechanical maintenance experience a plus
- Ability to read/understand piping and instrumentation drawings a plus
- Experience with personal computers and/or DCS systems
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts, and weekends
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Performance Materials Division serves the polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2016 sales of $9.5 billion and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 17,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.