Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking an Operations Technician in the TBC
department in the Powder Plant
in Indianapolis, IN.
This Operations Technician, position, is in the department at the Powder Plant
in Indianapolis, IN. This will be a 3rd shift position after training.
Specific job duties include:
- Working safely is our number one priority!
- Prepare necessary materials/support items
- Operate material handling and manufacturing equipment (powder blending/sizing equipment, thermal spray dryers, furnaces, etc)
- Inspect and test products to monitor and control manufacturing processes. Perform in-process testing
- Perform minor repairs and routine maintenance
- Complete necessary manufacturing documentation
- Participate in process improvement and safety activities
- Perform job in a manner which assures quality requirements are met
- Other duties as assigned
- Typically 2-3 years experience in machine set up and operation in a PST production setting is required
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to assemble/disassemble mechanical equipment and use hand tools
- Knowledge of basic measurement equipment
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment
- Must be able to work flexibly (e.g. various shifts, assignments and overtime)
- Basic computer skills sufficient to utilize manufacturing-related computer applications
- Written and oral communication skills
Powder Plant Production Technician I experience strongly preferred. In the event that there are no qualified Powder Plant applicants, Production Technicians from other PST facilities will be considered.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.