Approximately 15,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. We strive to be a company of choice that is recognized by its colleagues, customers, and community as a company that draws strength, opportunity and financial growth from the diversity of its workforce. Our success will be directly attributed to having a work environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful of all people.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking an experienced Operations Technician for its Nevada, IA
facility which produce Liquid CO2.
The position will be responsible for operating, maintaining and troubleshooting the equipment at the facility. The basic function of this role is to provide necessary technical and hands on support to continuously improve plant operation, maintenance, mechanical equipment integrity, reliability, costs and on- stream factor.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at: www.airproducts.com
You can apply specifically to Job Req #21829BR
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participation in the Basic Safety Process as a key member of the Site Safety committee and sharing responsibility for the site's overall safety performance.
• Controlling and monitoring the process to produce Liquid CO2 for shipment to the customers.
• Providing hands on support or assisting in plant equipment mechanical repairs, instrument calibrations and electrical troubleshooting as required.
• Investigating equipment failures, determining root causes of failures, and recommending appropriate solutions to reduce reoccurrence of/or eliminating causes of failures.
• Working with the source supplier to assure plant on-stream and reliability
• Following Operating procedures and Global Safety Standards
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Two years of operations experience in a industrial plant is preferred.
• Two year Associate Degree in a technical field a plus, but not required.
• Military experience is a plus
• Strong mechanical aptitude required
• Must be willing to take 24 hour on-call responsibilities and work night shift/weekends as required.
• Must be a self starter and willing to work alone.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Team player that is flexible and has a positive attitude.
• Must have good written and oral communications skills.
• Must be able to climb ladders and steps and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Will be exposed to high noise levels.
• Be able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
• Elevated work required.INTEGRITY
Integrity is a vital part of the Air Product's culture and employees are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards and communicate across all channels with respect and honesty. POSITIVE ATTITUDE
Demonstrate a positive attitude and be willing to take on new opportunities and embrace tough challenges with a sense of ownership, energy and urgency. He / She must be able to approach work both individually and as a member of the team. DEVELOP SELF & OTHERS
Continuous learning from experiences, feedback and coaching is an expectation to develop yourself to be the best to the company. In addition to helping others do their best work through sharing knowledge and expertise, mentoring, recognition and proactively addressing unconscious bias.
Air Products is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company values the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.