has an exciting opportunity in our Processing and Food Ingredients group. We are looking for an Operations Technician
to start-up, operate, and shut down the manufacturing plant using Allen-Bradley control software from the control room including coordination with support personnel, plant operation and utilities operation. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong mechanical aptitude and be a self-starter.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Operate and configure equipment and components for normal, abnormal, and by-pass flows.
- Apply lockouts / tagouts to valving and equipment, coordinate electrical lockouts with the Shift Supervisor.
- Optimize throughput from prep to final product.
- Conduct routine maintenance activities including lubrication, coupling replacement, and valve replacement as well as cleaning of the plant area and plant assets including tank internals as needed.
- Coordinate with and support operations (prep, utilities and refinery), maintenance and the Shift Supervisor.
- Monitor, adjust and record operating parameters to ensure specifications and production targets are normal.
- Conduct and document regular plant checks for asset condition and operation including vents, overflows and manual gauges.
- Record data to comply with EPA and MPCA regulations.
- Comply with and implement GMP, PSM and HACCP requirements.
- Load and unload products from/to truck and rail and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
- Work independently for extended periods of time, as well as in confined spaces and in hazardous environments
- Assist with other duties, as necessary, to support overall plant operations.
- Maintain a sanitary work environment through daily, weekly, monthly and annual sanitation schedules.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to wear required protective equipment including respirators and hearing protection.
- Able to spend long periods of time being on your feet including walking, standing and climbing steps and ladders.
- Able to use both automated and manual tools and equipment.
- Able to lift and carry materials up to 50 lbs.
- 3 years of experience working in a production/operations environment to include:
- Basic computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Use of various mechanical tools and equipment.
- Able to interpret Process and Instrument Diagrams and process flow diagram.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry.