Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, is seeking an experienced Operations Technician for its Nevada, IA, facility which produces Liquid CO2.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers . You can apply specifically to Job Req #19889BR
The position will be responsible for operating, maintaining and troubleshooting the equipment at the facility. The basic function of this role is to provide necessary technical and hands on support to continuously improve plant operation, maintenance, mechanical equipment integrity, reliability, costs and on- stream factor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participation in the Basic Safety Process as a key member of the Site Safety committee and sharing responsibility for the site's overall safety performance.
• Controlling and monitoring the process to produce Liquid CO2 for shipment to the customers.
• Providing hands on support or assisting in plant equipment mechanical repairs, instrument calibrations and electrical troubleshooting as required.
• Investigating equipment failures, determining root causes of failures, and recommending appropriate solutions to reduce reoccurrence of/or eliminating causes of failures.
• Working with the source supplier to assure plant on-stream and reliability
• Following Operating procedures and Global Safety Standards
• Supporting other facilities in the area as required.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Two years of operations experience in an industrial plant is preferred.
• Two year Associate Degree in a technical field a plus, but not required.
• Military experience is a plus
• Strong mechanical aptitude required
• Must be willing to take 24 hour on-call responsibilities
• Must be a self starter and willing to work alone.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Team player that is flexible and has a positive attitude.
• Must have good written and oral communications skills.
• Must be able to climb ladders and steps and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Will be exposed to a high noise environment
• Be able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
• Elevated work required.
Military candidates and veterans are encouraged to apply! This position would be best suited for a Machinist Mate or Nuclear Trained individuals with specific focus on monitoring and maintaining propulsion systems, nuclear power or aircraft maintenance.
Technical or vocational grads with a maintenance background or an AS degree, are encouraged to apply.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Performance Materials Division serves the polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2016 sales of $9.5 billion and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 17,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, 401K plans.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
A little about us:
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.