Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Cleveland
Zip Code: 44135
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a Senior Leadership Operations position responsible for Inbound and Outbound Warehouse; Fleet Services; Facilities Management (including building, grounds, power industrial equipment, sanitation, security), Beverage Services; Transportation (including routing, delivery, and backhaul); Operations Systems and related third party providers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, achieving performance key metrics; expense and revenue management; strategic execution of local and corporate initiatives; compliance with government regulations; safety and security of the building, its contents and people; and management and direction of staff.
- Responsible for the wholesome, accurate, efficient, fiscally responsible daily work and safety of Inbound and Outbound Warehouse, Transportation (Delivery), Fleet Services, Facilities, Beverage Services departments and associates.
- Prepares and executes annual Profit Plan with direct input from management team. Oversees budget management including labor, benefits, supplies, company assets, capital investments, depreciation, maintenance and repair, and third party contracts. Evaluates fiscal metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Strategically adjusts departments’ activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of goals.
- Analyzes growth of Operating Company against facility size to maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Champions’ efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within areas of responsibility. Identifies problems and proposes solutions to other members of senior management.
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including, but not limited to, food safety documentation, DOT records, EPSM, PSM, etc.) and retained to ensure a minimum potential for loss.
- Ensures compliance with all Insurance Pooling requirements; with local, state, federal and provincial regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, DOT, FDA, USDA, DOL, CVOR (Canada), etc.); with licensing and log book requirements and with food safety policies, protocols and requirements.
- Monitors the condition and maintenance of the warehouse, fleet services, equipment, software, ammonia refrigeration system, HVAC systems, fire protection, and office by ensuring that all are kept consistent with the safety, security, sanitation and appearance standards set by Sysco in an effort to reduce or eliminate operations-related injuries or accidents, damage/loss of product or equipment, and unnecessary costs. Ensures contingency systems/practices/protocols are in place to eliminate business disruption.
- Oversees emergency response or crisis management activities. Develops and maintains liaisons with local emergency management and other entities in order to facilitate plan development and response effort coordination. Assists Safety Manager with training initiatives.
- Evaluates and ensures the appropriate use and updating of all department software systems.
- Communicates with Merchandising, Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues. Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Provides assistance in the solicitation of new or prospective business by participating in company meetings and presentations when necessary, and in other market area activities to develop and foster the Company’s recognition within the business community.
- Participates in Company decisions as a member of Senior Staff.
- Where applicable, oversees or participates in the interpretation, adherence and negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement. As necessary, participate in grievance or arbitration proceedings.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and implements or responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, compensation, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
Education and / or Experience:
- College degree preferred in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- 7 years operations experience
- Demonstrated progressive levels of management experience
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations/legislation and governing bodies.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies, Corporate and the business community in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time