Wabash , Indiana - United States Shift:
GENERAL PRODUCTION JOB DESCRIPTION
- Be capable of using hand tools such as scrapers, brooms, and shovels. Loaded shovels weigh up to 25 lbs.
- Know and follow confined space entry procedures. Be capable of entering confined spaces properly.
- Scrape walls of equipment, rake out waste materials, and/or blow down equipment such as the blow chamber, wind box, cooling section, and other equipment related to #2 line.
- Be capable of climbing stairs and or ladders.
- Be capable of identifying products and checking labels periodically to ensure bags have correct labels on them.
- Know how to set up and change packers for different products. Requires knowledge and skills to operate the necessary hand tools.
- Be capable of lifting pieces of felt from the line at various line speeds from 5 to 45 feet per minute. (Approximately every five seconds).
- Visually inspect the pieces for flaws or other problems.
- Be capable of stacking good material on stacking conveyor, pallets, or cartons as required by the customer. Requires pivoting 180 degrees once pieces are taken from the line to stack on conveyor. Stacking conveyor is about 30" high.
- Be capable of lifting pieces ranging from 4 to 40 lbs. per person. Heavier (larger) pieces require two people.
- Know and follow all plant safety rules to prevent injury to self and others.
- Be physically capable of lifting packages ranging from 25 to 85 pounds at speeds up to a package every 10 seconds. Heavy or awkward packages require two people.
- Stack packages on floor or pallets in a prescribed manner to maximize trailer height capacity. Be capable of lifting packages overhead, from heights from up to 72" - 107" high while standing on a portable platform.GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
- Recognize and report operating or equipment problems to Line Supervisor such that they might be repaired or corrected.
- Know location and function of all emergency stops on the line.
- Know nearest exit, location of fire extinguishing equipment, and proper procedures in the event of a fire.
- Close all doors, ducts, etc. when cleanup is complete and return all tools to their proper storage areas.
- Keep work areas organized during cleanup.
- Wear proper personnel protective equipment for the task. This includes respiratory, hearing, vision and other protection as required.
- Place labeled poly bags on packer spout in the proper manner such that the felt will enter the bags properly.
- Activate bag clamps by pushing two buttons simultaneously.
- Know how to unplug packers and conveying equipment in the correct and safe manner per safety rules.
- Know how to operate the manual controls for the packers and packer conveyors.
- Neatly fold flaps and seal the package.
- Safely operate and maintain bag sealing equipment.
- Reject poor quality material onto the scrap pallets.
- Possess and use of solid math skills for tracking and counting the correct number of pieces per stack according to the labels.
- Check and weigh individual pieces and/or packages as required to ensure product quality.
- Be capable of stacking material to the sides of the line anytime there is a product change, equipment breakdown, or other problem.
- Visually recognize and report operating, process, or equipment problems to the #2 Line Supervisor or Line Operator.
- Place correct identification label on top of stacked felt.
- Be capable of activating a foot or hand operated switch to engage the stacking conveyor drive.
- Understand and use production schedules in SAP and how to thread and operate the SAP printer.
- Must be capable of reading the scales and making sure the weights are being sent to the control room.
- Visually recognize poor packaging and/or material and set these packages off to the side for further evaluation.
- Be able to recognize when products are out of the specified weight range and alert Supervisor or Line Operator.
- Peel and affix a self-adhesive label to packages when required.
- Perform other duties assigned by #2 Line Supervisor, #2 Line Operator, or Specialty Crew Supervisor.Note: This Job Description in no way is intended to state or imply that the above duties are the only ones to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and others assigned as required. This is at the Company's sole discretion.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology