Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Operator 1- Packaging 3rd shift (1 of 3) to be located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Operator 1- Packaging is responsible for assembling various materials into subassemblies, finished products, warehouse/distribution activities, packaging, rework activities using appropriate tools and equipment, in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures.
• Work under pressure to achieve consistently high results through individual and team efforts.
• Work all shifts of a three-shift operation if required
• Fulfill overtime requirements with minimum notice.
• Maintain productivity and quality standards while undergoing continuous change.
• Assists with in process quality checks on subassemblies and finished products.
• Advises production supervisor of line issues
• Maintain neat and accurate records, both manually and on computer systems.
• Insure departmental and team goals are met through team support.
• Participate in and accept responsibilities relating to team concept.
• Meet performance measures of productivity, quality and daily operational requirements based on team standards (which may vary).
• Hand/wrist/finger movements are used to complete tasks of preload, sort/inspect/build, pack, and pack out product frequency is dependent on product code and batch size.
• Shoulder reaching at or below shoulder level is used to complete tasks of preloading, packing, and pack out frequency is dependent on product code and batch size.**
• Sitting and/or standing for up to two hours**
• Job task rotation occurs approximately every two hours or more frequent depending on product code and batch size.
• Maintain a good safety record; exhibit safe work habits in handling of equipment, tools and use of protective equipment.
• Adhere to GMP, ISO and other applicable regulatory requirements, as well as all documented policies, specifications and procedures as required.
• Follow and adhere to all required documentation/specifications.
• Maintains accurate records/documentation related to work in progress.
• Maintain excellent attendance.
• Support special project as required.
• Attain and maintain status as certified operator along with CFM concept (includes quality inspector function).
• Adhere to the requirements stated through the Associate Performance Management System.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
• Notifies supervisor when tools or equipment need maintenance or repairs. Labels and/or paints products.
• Attend required safety training.
• Promote safety to all associates that enter the work area.
• Report to facilitator
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Environmental – Participate in implementation of the EMS management system including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates Degree, trade school, or some college preferred.
• Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
• Kaizen, Lean, or project based work experience preferred.
• Must be able to work alongside and communicate with others in a team based environment.
• Proven dexterity especially arms/hands is required.
• Computer skills, including navigation and data entry preferred.
• Long periods of walking, standing, bending, stooping and reaching.
• Occasionally may lift up to 35 lbs.
• Maintain vision certification through the visual acuity testing/process.
• Standard hours are 11:00pm to 6:00am Monday- Friday, but requires some flexibility for weekends and holidays.Primary Location
United States-New Mexico-AlbuquerqueOrganization
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)Job Function