Operator 2 - 3 Shift
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division
of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is searching for an Operator
2 for our Los Angeles, California location. Johnson Consumer Products Company
Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets
baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the
needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest
innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands such as BAND-AID®,
LISTERINE® and, JOHNSON'S® Baby, as well as leading skin care brands such as
NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an Operator 2 - 3
Shift, located in Los Angeles, California.
An Operator 2 has
the responsibility for the operation of a production line or other tasks
related to the filling department at the Los Angeles production facility. The
Operator 2 will have the responsibility to ensure they are achieving
performance compliant with Los Angeles Plant policies, procedures, quality
standards and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), as well as safety
and environmental regulations. The Operator 2 will be responsible to complete
the necessary trainings as is required in their Individual Training Plan.
Within area of responsibility, support day-to-day manufacturing operations to
achieve goals and objectives.
- Operators will operate various filling or
packing equipment of the production floor.
- Operators perform routine checks, insuring the
production lines are operating within compliance with Los Angeles Plant’s
safety and quality policies, procedures, and standards.
- Operators are required to maintain housekeeping
of areas and equipment and keep neat and accurate records.
- Operators may be required to change parts of
equipment or components of the equipment on the production lines to insure they
operate within compliance with Los Angeles Plant’s safety and quality policies,
procedures, and standards.
- Troubleshoots malfunction of machinery I equipment
and works with the appropriate support to fix.
- Effectively communicates information with other
employees on the floor important to achieving performance compliant with Los
Angeles Plant’s policies, procedures, quality standards and current Good
Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), as well as safety and environmental
- Works effectively with others and leadership to
prioritize and achieve goals.
- Responsible for attending required meetings and
- Proposes changes to documents and procedures
when discrepancies arise.
- Monitors the quality on current work center. May
monitor in process inspections as Operator Self-inspector.
- Requires occasional support on weekends to
support production needs.
Additional Job Duties:
- Manage operational or process improvement
- Perform reviews of paperwork to insure
documentation and performance is compliant with Los Angeles Plant’s policies,
procedures, quality standards and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), as
well as safety and environmental regulations.
- Prepare periodic reports, complete special
projects and assist supervisor.
- Initiates or suggest plans to develop and
motivate production teams to achieve work goals.
- Take leadership roles focused on specific areas,
such as safety or quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One year (plus) of experience in manufacturing
- Experience with production assembly equipment
- Equipment Use:
Basic workshop tools such as screwdrivers and wrenches. Certified to operate and ability to train
employees on all equipment utilized in area of responsibility. Ability to troubleshoot equipment and to
operate, prepare and perform minor repair.
- Computer Skills: Software proficient in Microsoft
Office Suite. Proficient and certified in SAP is preferred.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with
mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to
apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Additional Knowledge or Skills: Ability to apply
basic engineering principles; Ability to understand and use metrics and other
work measurement tools; Ability to apply budgeting; scheduling and planning
principles, basic mechanical/equipment principles; Knowledge of safety,
environmental, and GMP compliance regulations; Knowledge of quality assurance
systems and policies.
- Must be willing and able to work 3rd shift which
is 10:00pm – 6:00am.
Work Environment & Safety:
- Be familiar with J&J Consumers’
- Perform work tasks and operations in compliance
with all environmental rules and regulations, and encourage co-workers to do
- Immediately inform supervisors if there are
tasks and duties that impact the environment for which he/she is not properly
- Attend applicable environmental education and
- Include environmentally related activates and
accomplishments in his/her performance appraisals, as appropriate.
- Observe all company safety regulations at all
times and notify any violation or deviation to his/her safety administrator.
Work Environment and Physical Demands of
The noise level in the work environment is often loud. The
employee must be able to perform repetitive and non-reparative physical tasks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand,
walk, use hands, fingers, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, talk, hear, crouch or
crawl, reach with hands and arms, and push and pull objects. The employee must
often move within and between buildings. The employee is occasionally required
to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Close vision is required. The ability to use a computer terminal is
required to access, input and retrieve data.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to moving mechanical part and may be exposed to high,
precarious places; gases, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic
chemicals and risk of electrical shock. Employee is required to wear GMP protective gear, including
but not limited to steel toe shoes, earplugs, hairnets and safety glasses at
all times. Must be willing to work third
shift and occasionally on other shifts including weekends.
United States-California-Los AngelesOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function