Unilever Food Solutions helps chefs all over the world serve tasty, wholesome meals that keep their guests coming back for more. We’ve been in food since the 1880’s and are home to some of the world’s favorite brands: Knorr, Hellmann’s, Lipton and more! We work closely with businesses of all sizes, from independent restaurants to hotels, chains and contract caterers in 74 countries.
We always care about putting healthy and nutritious food on the table, but we also care about our impact on the earth. Using ingredients and packaging that are sustainably sourced, generate less waste and consume less energy is all part of our environmentally responsible way of doing business.
Are you results focused? Do you have passion for food? Do you want to have an entrepreneurial experience while being a part of $55 Billion Global Organization? Are you comfortable with stretching targets and learning new ideas, concepts, and strategies?
If yes, then this is a perfect opportunity for YOU!
Position will reside in Detroit, Lansing or Grand Rapids
Our field sales team is the face-to face contact with our customers, delivering innovations, incentives and solutions.
The Operator Development Manager is responsible for delivering against set targets and growing profitable sales in their market on all Unilever Food Solutions products (Hellmann’s, Lipton, Knorr, etc.) by:
• Strategically targeting and executing new business strategy (Restaurant
Operator, 100% of time)
• Developing Regional Restaurant Chains (4-14 units)
• Partnering with restaurant executives and chefs to develop and grow their
• Trade funds’ investments (Operator
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and execute the respective Key Operator, & Regional Chain business
plans as they relate to our current volume goals, strategies, focus categories
• Maintain active market presence: a minimum of 4 days per week of Field
Operator calls and presentations.
• Organize and present detailed business reviews with all contracted operator
• Present and execute new products to develop new slots in distribution and
create pull within regional small independent operators and chains.
• Build relationships with all levels of decision makers within a customer to help
identify issues/needs and formulate solutions to elevate these relationships.
• Coordinate and leverage resources for assistance in customer marketing
presentations, chef demonstrations, food shows, magazine articles, etc.
• Prepare and regularly update Salesforce (CRM system) account
details/opportunities/activities for all customers.
• Administer and manage customer contracts.
• 4 year college degree or 2 year Culinary Degree, preferred. High school
diploma/GED equivalent required.
• 2 years experience in foodservice sales required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word required.
• Proficiency and drive to become an expert with our systems (Blacksmith,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong Business Acumen
A successful candidate will have the following: Self-confidence, persistence, interpersonal sensitivity, committed to a team environment, an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for driving results and a love of food.
This is a home-based position with 30% travel.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.