An Equipment Operator is responsible for the daily distribution activities, productivity, and quality within the assigned area(s) of a distribution facility. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety, quality and productivity performance and operational expertise. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activities (e.g. order filling, shipping, receiving) on a regular basis with 60% or more of work performed using a forklift or PIT.
1. Perform loading, unloading and/or picking of product and materials using powered lifting equipment to move product throughout the facility. May operate stock picker, sit down/stand up equipment, reach truck, etc.
2. Contribute to a safe work environment through continuous focus on housekeeping and safety.
3. Demonstrate a commitment to our company's core values.
4. Interact with supervisors, leads, and/or work groups with information exchanges related to immediate tasks.
5. Participate in the implementation and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvements to the distribution process in a group setting.
6. Work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment.
* High School Diploma or equivalent education preferred
* Minimum 1 year experience in related field
* Warehouse Experience
* OSHA Certification License
* Basic ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
* Basic math skills (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication)
* Basic computer skills (accessing and navigating the internet; familiar with the keyboard; opening, closing and saving documents)
* Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds regularly, up to 150 pounds infrequently
* Ability to push, pull, grasp, and fine manipulation of equipment using hands is ongoing throughout the work hours
* Walking on uneven surfaces possible, though infrequently
* Successful completion of Office Depot Forklift Operator licensing program
* Warehouse Systems
* Ability to work a flexible schedule is a plus (start shift early and/or stay until the work is complete)
* Exhibited good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators such as teamwork, attendance, quality and productivity, etc.
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.