An Equipment Operator is responsible for the daily distribution activities, productivity, and quality within the assigned area(s) of a distribution facility. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety, quality and productivity performance and operational expertise. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activities (e.g. order filling, shipping, receiving) on a regular basis with 60% or more of work performed using a forklift or PIT.
1. Perform loading, unloading and/or picking of product and materials using powered lifting equipment to move product throughout the facility. May operate stock picker, sit down/stand up equipment, reach truck, etc.
2. Contribute to a safe work environment through continuous focus on housekeeping and safety.
3. Demonstrate a commitment to our company's core values.
4. Interact with supervisors, leads, and/or work groups with information exchanges related to immediate tasks.
5. Participate in the implementation and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvements to the distribution process in a group setting.
6. Work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment.
Minimum 1 year experience in related field, i.e., warehouse experience
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.