Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.Summary:
This position is responsible for product inspection, release, packaging of molded, assembled, and washed production and department cleaning. This position is also responsible for the operation of assembly and packaging equipment in a clean-room environment and grinding in a warehouse-type environment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dimensional inspection molded/assembled components
- Physical testing
- Weighing/packing product
- Operating assembly equipment
- Grind scrap
- Operating laundry equipment
- Wash/dry clothes and production parts
- Logging of materials
- Cleaning of machines and equipment per department SOP's
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD attendance policy
- Mandatory overtime is required
Work with pressurized equipment, 60 o to 70 o F room temperature, work with hot surfaces, wet environment, chemicals and drug compounds. Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to work independently
- Requires the use of and troubleshooting of the label dispensing equipment
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and Job-specific training materials
High School Diploma or equivalent Language Skills:
Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP's, SPEC's, Job-specific training materials, GMP's, and other manuals. Mathematical Skills
: Basic math skills required. Reasoning Ability:
Decision making in this position is based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability to use good judgment. This includes the determination of defective product. Independent decision making and responsiveness is necessary for this position and may include prioritizing work, releasing of product and evaluation of the appropriate person to ask for assistance when determination of defective product is being evaluated. Resources used to resolve problems may include technicians, supervisors, managers, engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP's and manuals. Other Skills and Abilities:
Requires the ability to use calipers, pin gauges, micrometers, pressure test station, optical measuring devices, automated assembly equipment, manual assembly equipment, weigh-count scales, washing machines, dryers, racks for movement of product, carts, hot stamping machine, bar sealer, conveyors, blenders, molding machines. Physical Demands:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs.
- Visual acuity 20/30 Near Vision with or without corrective vision required.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 30 pounds
- Frequent walking, bending, standing, stooping, squatting, pulling and pushing
- Frequent movement of hands and wrist and reaching above shoulders
- Occasional bending, twisting, kneeling, rotating, and climbing
- Must be able to wear hearing protection
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.