Operator, Order Production (Job Number: 024108)
CENTRAL PHARMACY OPERATIONS - 8350 S River Pky
8350 S River Pky
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That's our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you'll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Walgreens is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Job Summary
Scans patient order and accurately packages outgoing medication orders. Job Responsibilities
- Scans patient orders.
- Packages medication and paperwork for shipping.
- Accurately inserts all information paperwork including refill labels and invoices.
- Labels all medication accurately.
- Boxes larger order for shipping.
- Replenishes work stations with necessary paperwork and forms.
- Opens and sorts mail.
- Scanning and sorting packaged orders into boxes.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma / GED.
- Experience using basic math functions, such as addition, multiplication, etc.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience reading English.
- Willing and able to stand at least 8 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to perform tasks which are repetitive and may include pushing, pulling, grasping, and lifting with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing to work a flexible shift which may include weekends and overtime.
- Previous experience in a production type environment.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.