Eaton Cooper Systems has a Weekend Shift opening for an Operator in Waukesha, WI.
The Laser Machine Operator is responsible for the daily operation of the laser machine, including moving necessary materials to and from the machine and routine maintenance of the machine.
The position of Laser Operator requires candidate to load appropriate materials onto laser table and perform laser cutting operations effectively and efficiently per specifications, work instructions, schedules and drawings.
• Operator will complete tasks for laser operation while applying standard practices; perform set-up and operation on laser; use steel gauge to validate thickness of appropriate materials loaded for specific job orders; load correct materials and unload all parts; use precision instruments to check tolerances and visually check quality of parts.
• Ability to stop and ask for clarification if not understanding job instructions or work orders; ensure a clean hand-off of good quality product to next operation; keep work area clean and provide a safe environment of area for self and others.
• Required to use forklift and crane, forklift and crane experience a plus.
• Ability to read blueprints along with understanding verbal and written instructions, schedules, documents and specifications. • Ability to read and interpret measuring devices (such as tape measure and/or calipers); ability to troubleshoot minor program errors independently; work under little supervision. • Must be able to wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses w/side shields, ear plugs or other hearing protection, steel-toed boots w/meta-tarsals, gloves, and any other PPE and follow safe manufacturing and material handling practices as required.
• Must be able to lift up to and including 50 LBS with and/or without assistance; bend, twist, grab, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, use both hands to lift and lower materials and perform all other essential duties as required. • Must possess basic math skills to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US with company sponsorship[ on an ongoing basis in order to be considered.
Minimum of 1 year of Manufacturing Experience
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.