This role will drive and assist in all forecasting and actual reporting associated with PPC research, development and engineering. This entails monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts, weekly OPEX spending reviews and recurring meetings with the PPC KPU Heads and their direct staff. The role will directly support the PPC controller in providing detailed analysis around product life cycle programs, NPV and other financial metrics. This role serves as the primary business partner with RD&E management to help drive to targets and prioritize RD&E projects.
Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Develops and/or maintains complex modeling in support of routine forecasts, strategic plans, and performance management.
- Performs required activities and analysis to complete close and all forecast cycles (Pulse, Commit, AOP, Strat Plan) with minimal oversight on recurring tasks
- Interacts and presents analytical findings to various stakeholders. Is a direct business partner with non-finance management
- Completes detailed analysis and commentary for finance and non-finance executives
- Key participant or lead for system integration or process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and understanding of how own area of expertise integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate our competitors in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree in Business discipline, Masters preferred
- 4 - 7 Years of experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- SAP experience helpful
- Previous forecasting experience in a semiconductor environment a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of key financial concepts and tools such as NPV, ROI
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.