The Office Product Group (OPG) is looking for a strong financial manager to partner with the OPG engineering teams. As a member of the OPG OPEX team, your position covers a wide range of responsibilities which includes financial modeling and business analysis, strong business partnership, and the creation and ownership of efficient financial processes.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Finance Rhythms of Business: Drive finance ROB for forecasting, target setting, and budgeting in alignment with Corporate and OPG timelines. Communicate required deliverables clearly and facilitate reviews with senior leaders in a timely manner.
- Business Partnership: Effective collaboration with Senior Engineering leaders, HR & Staffing partners, and a diverse group of engineering leaders, technical project leads, business managers, and cross-company finance and operational teams.
- Expense Analysis: Analyze results to understand performance against plan/forecast. Monitor trends and key levers, such as HC and vendor investment against plan/forecast assumptions. Recommend a course of action if risk is present.
- Financial Reporting: Publish executive-grade monthly financial summary highlighting risks and opportunities impacting bottom lines in a timely manner. Deliver quarterly financial and operational reviews with senior leaders. Clearly communicate results and recommendations to senior business leaders. Automate and improve reporting processes as much as possible within the confines of available tools.
- Month End Close: Ensure monthly financial results are stated accurately and in accordance with MAP and GAAP. Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and audit guidelines are adhered to. Identify and implement process improvements as needed.
•BA/BS in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
•Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
•Ability to manage multiple and competing projects/priorities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Strong competency with Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.