Tulane Medical Center
is looking for a Customer Service Coordinator/PRN
in the Ophthalmology Clinic.
Must be available Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm.
- Responsible for ensuring that all phases of the clinic registration process (interviews, pre-admission verification of Insurance coverage, pre-certification and collection of co-pays) are completed in an accurate and timely manner in order to guarantee that maximum collection is achieved. That all processes are conducted according to state, federal, and corporate regulations. Provides superior customer service. Performs all other duties as assigned.
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
Qualifications: Position Requirements: (Minimum qualifications for the position) Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
Some college preferred. Experience:
Two or more years of Physician Practice/Hospital Admit/Business Office experience or college degree. Special qualifications:
Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within the designated probationary period. Knowledge of Insurance/Managed Care rules and guidelines. Excellent written and oral communication and guest relation skills with strong computer skills. Experience in working effectively in a fast paced environment. Skilled in maintaining information as confidential. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills. Able to adapt to changes in assignment. Must successfully complete mandatory training as set by clinic administration. Hours of work:
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom