Lowe's RDC Operations Coach -Night Shift
Work Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 6:00pm-4:30am
• Required to work a corporate schedule but may be changed by facility management based on the needs of the facility.
• Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
• Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the facility.
The Operations Coach is accountable for supervising a high performing team responsible for handling product safely, efficiently and effectively as it moves through the facility. When monitoring production volume, the Operations Coach assigns Operations Team Members to tasks involving receiving, putaway, picking or shipping product (including appliances), or supporting tasks. The Coach must respond quickly to changing workflow conditions and contribute positively to the facility's key performance indicators. This person must be able to mentor and build a culture of safety among Team Members to achieve a safe working environment.
Required Qualifications :
• Proven record for complying with safety requirements, and ability to build a culture of safety among subordinates and peers
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience; successfully manages multiple tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated team-building skills
• Ability to build rapport and trust with others
• Experience and willingness to mentor and coach others
• Ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts among team members
• Approaches change optimistically; adjusts quickly and proficiently to changing work environments
• Analytical and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex problems; creative problem-solving
• Basic computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Able to lift up to 70 lbs
• Demonstrated track record of good attendance
• Communicates and listens effectively
• Can perform detail-oriented tasks in a stressful fast-paced working environment
• Able to read and follow instructions and take directions from others
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Effectively prioritizes work and possesses time management skills
• Highly motivated to Operation's success; goal-oriented
• Ability to learn new tasks and quickly apply new skill
• Basic math and reading comprehension
• High school diploma or GED equivalent with 2-4 years related experience
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Discuss and resolve issues with Team Members or issues between Team Members
• Prepare Team Members for upward promotion if interested
• Prepare shift turn over documentation
• Direct resolution to equipment issues (for example, replace failed equipment or contact Maintenance)
• Identify and assist in implementing process improvements
• Respond to incidents or injuries with first aid (as trained)
• Critical thinking, oral, written communication and computer skills
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with distribution center operations; previous warehouse experience
• Previous power equipment experience (e.g., forklift, reach truck, yard truck)
• Experience with software applications such as Excel, Access or DMS
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.