At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Optical Test and Reliability Engineer for the Electronics Materials Solutions Division (EMSD) Laboratory located in Austin, TX.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Optical Test and Reliability Engineer
will be primarily responsible for the optical and mechanical testing and qualification of fiber optic components developed by 3M; the presentation and communication with customers regarding these tests/results and communication with the team in order to guide them towards improved component design and performance. For additional information, please visit:
include but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding 3M optical component performance in relation to customer needs and industry standard test procedures
- Understanding and implementation of methodologies, equipment, and procedures, as laid out in industry standards for optical component evaluation.
- Specify, set-up, operate and maintain equipment for testing of optical components
- Automate equipment for data collection
- Data management, reporting and presentation, both to internal team and customers
- Utilization of test results to recommend and guide the optimization and debugging of optical component performance
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience testing optical components
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience testing optical components
- Computer programming and automation experience (e.g. LabVIEW, etc.)
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written and presentation)
May include up to 15% domestic/international Relocation:
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.