Posted: November 25, 2016
Reference ID: 740935109
My Direct client is looking for an Optics Engineer to start ASAP.
Optics Engineer (ATAP Mobile Vision)
Google's Advanced Technology and Projects (ATAP) Mobile Vision team is developing a wireless device that lets you interact with the digital world, simply by interacting with the physical world in the ways that you always have. We've already built a prototype and successfully incubated core technology inside ATAP combining computer vision, machine learning, optical character recognition, and low power mobile image processing. Now we are building an SDK and application ecosystem to interact with our prototype.
We are looking for a versatile, highly skilled, and innovative optics engineer who will play a key role in helping us push our technology forward. In this role you'll be a critical member of a fast-paced cross-functional startup team and must thrive in a high energy, time-constrained, multitasking environment.
Top 4 Responsibilities:
- Interface with hardware, software and leadership team regarding project optical requirements
- Design, document and oversee next generation device optics
- Work with and manage external vendors and contractors
- Benchmark current and future camera/optical systems
- PhD degree in physic, optics or other related field with 3 years of related technical work or a MS degree and 5 years of related technical work
- Experience in designing camera/imaging systems including lenses and sensors
- Experience working with small/miniature optical systems and devices (cell phone sized optics and smaller)
- Ability to work cross-culturally with camera module and lens providers
- Experience with optical test equipment and software programs
- Ability to work on new and experimental devices
- Ability to work with non-technical team members and staff
Nice to have's:
- Working experience with mobile phones
- Experience with computer vision
- Experience with OpenCV and MATLAB