At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst for the Optimized Operations (O2) Program. This position will be located in Knoxville, IA.
3M Optimized Operations (O2) is a manufacturing based leadership development program, that provides recent Engineering, Supply Chain, and Environment Health & Safety graduates with a world of opportunity to jump start their careers. It includes fast paced training in Lean Six Sigma, advanced statistics, project leadership, supply chain principles, and applied learning. O2s have the opportunity to interact and network with senior leadership to make a real impact to one of our manufacturing facilities. Click on 3M O2
for more program details. Job Summary:
The Optimized Operations (O2) Supply Chain Analyst's role is to acquire general knowledge and understanding quickly and successfully by running a series of focused projects within the 3M manufacturing and supply chain environment.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participating in extensive training such as Lean Six Sigma, project management and leadership development, enabling them to be placed into a manufacturing location with enhanced ability to contribute quickly to process improvements that assist the entire supply chain.
- Providing leadership on assigned projects with mentoring to develop proficiency using established methods, practices, and concepts that are heavily weighted by Six Sigma methodology and focused on Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Planning, scheduling, and coordination of assigned Product Lines to meet customer demand
- Monitor inventory to ensure appropriate levels utilizing corporate supply chain tools
- Schedules procurement and manufacturing for a specified group of products
- Reviews material flow parameters such as order quantity, lot size, make cycle frequency, replenishment interval, and recommends appropriate levels to support the business/customer requirements
- Manages raw material and semi-finished inventory buffer quantities
- Monitors and reports capacity requirements, special order and stock service levels.
- The supervisor provides guidance and is consulted for assistance in problem areas and major changes to supply chain parameters
- Complete 5 weeks of O2 training and at least one O2 Green Belt project
- Recent graduates (of any age) who are in the last year of completing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations Management from an accredited university, or have completed such a degree within the last three years
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship, co-op, and/or industry work experience is required
***Proposed start date for this position is June 2017.Location:
- Previous or current 3M and/or other manufacturing intern experience
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong computer skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational skills, process control, and statistical knowledge
May include up to 10% domestic travelRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.