Opto-Mechanical/Packaging Design Engineer Lead Job Description
Intel Data Center Group DCG - Silicon Photonics Solution Division SPPD is looking for an opto-mechanical design & packaging engineer in R&D design team. This is a unique opportunity to join a group at the cusp of bleeding edge product and technology development with lots of growth and exciting opportunities - the primary job responsibility includes but not limited to. Lead or support as a part of team in developing packaging design for state of the art Silicon Photonics SiPh devices and assemblies, with emphasis on optoelectronic and microelectronic component and sub-systems.. Drive or lead package designs and technology selection Assess and mitigate risks associated with the product designs. Partner with stakeholders to identify new suppliers for design, develop and manage existing suppliers Interacting with suppliers and optimize designs based on supplier's processes and capabilities. Working with cross-functional groups to determine package requirements. Design from concept to volume production to meet the electrical, optical, mechanical , thermal, and reliability requirementsPerform tolerance analysis of opto-mechanical components and subassemblies. Perform thermal and mechanical Finite Element Analysis FEA analysis of packages and subassemblies, to determine temperature profiles, power dissipation and mechanical stress over temperature etc...Lead or support developing assembly and test method to validate the design generating opto-mechanical component drawings, layouts, assembly drawings for product and tooling. Work with Manufacturing Ops team on managing and developing the full Bill of Materials BOM and analyse data and optimize yield.Qualifications
The candidate under consideration should be meeting the following qualifications:
Inside this Business Group
- BS Degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience in the photonics or semiconductor or related industry;
- Basic understanding of transceiver module assembly processes;
- Minimum 6 years of experience - and expert capability - in 3D design software such as Solidworks; Familiar with enterprise data management system such as ePDM;
- Experience and knowledgeable with optical simulation and tools, such as Zemax;
- Prior experience with optical passive and active alignment is preferred;
- Experience in product thermal design and knowledgeable on heat sinks, fans and thermal interface materials. Proficient in ICEPAK and/or FLOTHERM CFD modeling tools.
- Experience in FEA structural analysis and knowledgeable on modeling tools such as Abaqus or ANSYS.
- Prior design experience in high volume product environment such as optical transceivers, cell phones, disk drives or automation;
- Proven track record in product design and development cycle from initial conceptual design to high volume production is highly desirable;
- Detail oriented problem solver, sense of urgency and commitment to achieve targeted goals.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge with optoelectronic and microelectronic packaging: die-attach, wirebond, leadframe, micro-optics assembly, laser welding, epoxies;
- Working knowledge and experience in high volume manufacturing fabrication processes including machining, sheet metal stamping, metal /plastic injection molding and die casting;
- Team player with good communication skills .
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skill.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment across functional and organizational boundaries is required.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver against a schedule ;
- Working knowledge with product documentation, schematics, and Bill of Materials.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.