St. Petersburg General Hospital (SPGH) seeks an experience Surgical Tech to join our Women's Services Department!
Our focus is not only patient satisfaction but STAFF satisfaction. The hospital ranked top work place three years in a row and is Chest Pain and Stroke accredited. We are located in the heart of Pinellas County and five minutes from the pristine Gulf of Mexico. The hospital is licensed for 215 beds and has served the community for over four decades. St. Petersburg is a growing city with exciting nightlife and plenty of outdoor activities to keep the whole family busy. SPGH strives to find the perfect life/work balance! We invite you to join our superior team and continue the very highest standard of care.
The Women's Center, featuring family centered care, focuses care on the patient and family as one unit. Patient safety and evidence-based practice is the main focus of the Women's Services Department here at St. Petersburg General Hospital.
- 32 Post Partum/GYN Beds for complete OB/GYN care; this also includes laboring patients and infants (80-90% of patients are Post Partum; may have some medical overflow)
- 22 Nursery Beds (Level 1 Nursery)
- 6 Labor/Delivery/Recovery Rooms (2 Operating Rooms)
- Recently renovated Women's Services Department
- Skill Mix: RNs and Lactation Consultants
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, IVAC, Dinamaps, Dopplers, Accu-Check, Accu-Dose, Fetal Monitors, Radiant Warmers, Isolets
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0645-1915, 1845-0715) plus 6 hours mandatory on-call for all staff per week; Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend; overtime available, but not mandatory; Self-scheduling is available
- Dress code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their own); specific dress code is in place for Women's Services to maintain infant safety and security
- Designated Charge Nurse per shift
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation; All of Perinatal Nursing Services utilizes GE Centricity (CPN) for their patient care documentation.
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients
- Mother-Baby Couple Care is focused on supportive exclusive breastfeeding.
Education: Graduate from approved Surgical Tech program
Required Experience: One year obstetrical/operating room experience
Key Accountabilities / Competencies
1. Demonstrates ability to scrub C-Sections, tubal ligations, D&C's, and set up for vaginal
2. Follows and maintains AORN standards regarding OR integrity.
3. Has demonstrated and completed competency in blood draw procedures and functions in this role.
4. Is responsible for stocking designated par levels in LDR's and OR on a per shift basis. If unable to
complete this task due to scrubbing responsibilities, communicates with Clinical Coordinator both during
and before end of shift.
5. Demonstrates ability to use time efficiently. (i.e. Assisting nurses with delivery setup and cleanup;
transporting patients; assisting Unit Clerk as needed; and carrying out tasks as needed)
6. Students: Works effectively with students as appropriate.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurence reporting system and uses the system to report potential safety
1. Identifies role as a team member and, as an individual, works efficiently to achieve satisfaction goals of
team, department and hospital. (Patient, physician, and fellow employee satisfaction)
2. Demonstrates to patients, family members, physicians, and co-workers courtesy and caring through
customer services skills on a consistent basis. (acknowledging others, phone skills, common courtesy,
anticipating and responding to customer needs in a timely manner)
3. Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly, respectfully and professionally with all contacts.
4. Demonstrates professional behavior in actions and consistently portrays a positive attitude.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom