For over 45 years, HCA's Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville has been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 418-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at four different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center , certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center , Bone and Joint Center , and Memorial's maternity center , Special Beginnings.
As a member of the Memorial team, you'll enjoy a competitive base pay, full benefits to include health, life dental, 401k, etc., tuition reimbursement, potential sign-on/relocation and limitless growth potential as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital corporations in the country.
And whether you're a family, single or an empty-nester nearing retirement, Jacksonville really offers something for everyone. With a population of 1.3 million, a low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate, top rated school, and having recently been named one of the country's 'Top 10 Best Cities in the U.S. to Find a Job (by Forbes) and one of the top 10 'Best Cities for Relocating Families (by Mobility Magazine) all just an easy drive to the beautiful beaches of the Atlantic coast, you really can't go wrong!
The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.